Thursday, January 22, 2009

Acts of contrition

Forgive me bloggy, it has been a month since my last confession.

So where have I been, what have I been doing? Why hath the blog sufferedeth? The burning questions of our time!

The past few months have been rather busy! Busy at work, busy job interviewing, busy with friends and family over holidays. Busy feeling psyched that we have a new Prez. The job interviewing has recently led to the successful procurement of a new position, which I am feeling excited about.

I'll be starting in a week or so. Turns out I really do have a little bit of the "city girl" in me, and I am looking forward to getting a lot of knitting done as I commute back and forth to the new job in town.

I'll miss a lot of things about my old job and my old commute: Grace, Marla, sleeping late, seeing Patches at lunchtime, having the time to cook real meals at dinner time for me and DH.

HAVE you been knitting at all, you might ask? Why yes I have! Over the holidays, I managed to finish this scarf as a gift for my co-worker Grace.





It is made with 3 skeins of Frog Tree 100% Alpaca (worsted weight, using a lace pattern from the Harmony Guide: Lace & Eyelets book).

Which brings me to my next thought (I'm freestylin' here)..

My Favorite Knitting Things So Far in 2009:
Romantic Style by Jennie Atkinson (xmas gift from DH)
French Girl Knits (new book published by Interweave Press, which I MUST have)
Kid Silk Haze (still a fave)
Frog Tree Alpaca
Alpaca, in general

I have been queuing up a storm on Ravelry. I'm kind of feeling like 2009 is my big comeback year. Look out world.

No comments: