Friday, July 07, 2006

"Vintage Style"

So last summer I started to work on a lace sweater ("Aimee") from Rowan's "Vintage Style" book. I was planning my wedding, and it helped me to de-stress, but for some reason I put it down, and didn't work on it for months. Oh wait, I know - it's REALLY hard and confusing!!

But my will is strong, and armed with explicit written instructions from my mother, who can interpret rowan-speak, I'm starting again. I was trolling the web, and discovered that this knitter did a beautiful job with it, plus, she has all kinds of kick ass projects to boot.

I'm feeling really scared about when I have to start decreasing for the arm holes. It's totally going to f*** up my pattern, and as it is I can barely keep the right amount of stictches on there. Cross that bridge later.

1 comment:

FemiKnitMafia said...

You can do it! One stitch at a time.