Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Crops 'n such

Oh, you didn't know I'm a part-time condo farmer? Aswim in Knits can buy her local produce from me.

I planted these Arugala seeds on Sunday afternoon. Here it is wednesday night. Now that's what I call germinating (!):



Here's a sampling of some of my other crops...

Yes, we have no bananas today yet!

Basil! Essential for fresh tomato sauces.

Blood Orange!

Fresh Kitten, ready for market.

Not pictured: Tomatoes and parsley.

Coming soon: lavender seeds (I know, they'll take a few years to grow), Echinacea, Sage

On order: 1 baby goat and silk worms (kid silk haze)

3 comments:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Now I know where to go get my Arugala also. Shall I bring my salad fork?

Danielle said...

Yum! I'll bring the salad dressing, ok?

Bostonworkerbee said...

I bought 1 oz of arrugala seeds, whcih doesn't sound like much, but I think it'll be enough to last us all thru the summer!!