Thursday, May 03, 2007

Hot Damn

DH and I are in the midst of a housing transition (which may explain why my posting seem to be getting a little later and later). I won't go into detail, but just to say that in a few months we might finally be ready to buy a new place of our own.

I've been looking at houses/condos online, and saw a nice house, but it has an inground swimming pool. I'm crazy about swimming and water, but not crazy about the upkeep or environmental impact of a chlorine pool.

Sooo... I started poking around online at what it would cost to excavate/fill in a pool, and stumbled across this. Babbo-bee & Mama-bee made a fish-pond in their backyard (hey remember, Dad, I helped dig the hole!). Wonder if I could recreuit them to help with a project on this scale. Heh!

I loved the "vegi-filter" this guy made. How crazy is that! Imagine if I had this house, and that garden. Sweet.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

We have a pool in our new backyard. Not sure that, being on a pool deck at least 4 days a week for the past 15 years or so of my life, I really want one in my own backyard. Perhaps I need a fish pond instead!

FemiKnitMafia said...

That's a great idea! And I've been dreaming about solar panels too. If you find some reasonably priced ones, please share that news.

Bostonworkerbee said...

My DH knows about solar panels. Apparently its a hefty investment, but teh state of Massachusetts will give you a rebate (don't remember what the percentage is) for installation cost.

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

The pond idea is a fantastic idea! Much rather sit by a pond myself ... in my own private backyard. Good luck with the house hunt ... or is the one with the pool (soon to be pond) the one in your dreams? I'd love a pond with gold fish in my back yard also. Lot of work ... but maybe some day.

TheRev said...

Whether you keep it a pool or turn it into a fish pond, you know that I, Lady S. and the rest of the crew would swim in there regardless of what else is swimming in there, with or without bathers. We ain't scared of no koi.

And thanks for the recent shout-out. See you in two weeks!