Friday, August 17, 2007

Speaking of DH....

The guy never ceases to amaze me. He just alerted me to the fact that the Harvard Wellness Center will be offering the following new course to staff, students, etc.:

MINDFUL PRACTICE:
LEARNING TO KNIT FOR WELLNESS
Wednesdays 5:30-6:30pm
CWHC Resource Room, 75 Mt. Auburn Street, 2E, HUHS
Oct 3 - Oct 24

Who knew? I wonder if knitting also counts as exercise!

The course isn't yet posted on the University Health Services website, but I'll keep an eye out and post a link when it is, just in case we have any potential Harvard knitters lurking that need encouragement.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Well, damn, I should be pretty darn healthy. ("No dear, I can't help with the dishes tonight. I'm *knitting for wellness*!")

Bostonworkerbee said...

... doctor's orders! you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be using that excuse too!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

YES, good health. I already knew that we burn 85 calories an hour while knitting [but we do that while just sitting too, LOL]
http://www.annecollins.com/dieting/calories-burned.htm

It's still my exercise of choice tho.