Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Ice Queen stalleth

Well. I tried to cast on for Ice Queen. But the provincial cast on that Rhonda recommended is proving to be a little challenging. I printed out the directions for the PC that knitty.com linked to, but I'm all thumbs and elbows with this one.

I strung all my beads onto the kidsilk haze, though. This seems to be an acceptable technique. The idea being that everytime the pattern calls for a bead, you just slide one down the yarn, and presto!

We'll see.

Rhonda, if you're out there, and planning on being at SnB this week, I may beg your indulgence for another cast on demo.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Good god, woman. KSH is not the only yarn in production, you know.

Although, I have to admit that you'll look really cute in an Ice Queen.

Bostonworkerbee said...

there's other yarn besides KSH?

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I'll see you there ... say picot cast-on