Sunday, October 26, 2008

She's got good taste in yarn

Thanks to my readers for the helpful comments in my last posting. I'm looking forward to checking out Rhonda's next class in February!

I decided with the holidays coming up, that one "palette cleanser" project was not enough. I used a gift certificate DH gave me last year to buy this book (I now have the complete set!), and started a lace scarf project. It's knitting up fast, since it is sport weight alpaca (frog tree, becoming a new fave for me), and I'm using size 8 needles. Instant gratification, people.

Speaking of yarn. I think we all know that Patches has a taste for the stuff. DH awoke early one morning recently, and went downstairs to make the horrifying discovery that Patches had broken into my good yarn basket. He found two intact balls of frog tree alpaca under the kitchen table, and the entrails of my really nice (green colorway) Malabrigo wool spewed throughout the first floor.

Its very upsetting to think she was probably planning it for weeks. BAD KITTY!

1 comment:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Have you considered that this might happen if you kept her away from the dreaded TP rolls? Bet ya didn't.