Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sha-ZZAM!

I recently suggested to myself that buying a new knitting bag would encourage me to knit more. It HAS! I finished the sleeve of my sweater. Here's a picture (pre-blocking) of all the finished parts thus far:



I knit all Sunday afternoon, seated in my command center, whilst DH and Patches watch college basketball. It's March Madness time.



Today I also treated myself to a one hour massage at my hair salon. They are a pretty small salon, but they offer some services outside the usual hair and nail type thing. Please indulge me as I speak briefly on this topic...

I was never a glamour-puss. In high school, I worked as a receptionist at the local hair salon, and found everyone on the premises (employees AND clients!) to be rather absurd and sometimes frightening. Keep in mind, this was during the Big-Hair 1980s. It has taken me many years to appreciate and enjoy what the salon has to offer, and I now consider it an oasis of pampering. Tangent: I know it's mean to say, but it really detracts from the oasis effect, when you look up from your US Weekly, and you've got goop in your hair, to see someone's sullen boyfriend/husband/child slouching there waiting for their women-folk to finish up already.

5 comments:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I like the fact that nobody knows me at the salon that I go to, LOL.

BTW, the sweater is looking good ... go, go, go ... almost done!

Betty Crocker said...

The sweater looks great!

Lady Simpson said...

I TOTALLY forgot about your receptionist job at the hair salon! You got me laughing out loud! Congrats on the sweater, and aren't massages WONDERFUL?

Bostonworkerbee said...

Knowing me as long as you have, I think YOU can really appreciate what a stretch that job was for me back then ;-)

Lady Simpson said...

HUGE STRETCH.................