Thursday, July 12, 2007

Yarn kitsch, and other good things

My friend Betty Crocker sent me this funny link. Check this out. I laughed my head off. Mama Bee still has some old knitting magazines with some crazy patterns like those featured here. I think I saw one that had a pattern for a crocheted lampshade, and matching vest.


I'm opting out of SnB again today, this time to trot over to the Kendall Square farmer's market. If they have some decently priced basil, I may try making some homemade pesto this weekend.

Tonite, after work, I'm heading over to Community Knitting at SSFY. Keep an eye out for me Rhonda!

3 comments:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

See ya there!

TheRev said...

Even though I don't really knit, I can't wait to run into someone who does and call her "Stitchy McYarnpants". Second, now that you're done moving and are looking for something to do with your time, I will pay you money to make that frog purse for me. Seriously. We're talking enough for you to get a handsome Italian chef to make pesto for you anytime you wish (actually, more like a chubby Italian lady who can make pesto while her kids run after Patches saying "MEOW! MEOW!").

Bostonworkerbee said...

Patches is kind of shell-shocked. My small nieces visited very briefly over the weekend and freaked her out.