Friday, July 27, 2007

The way Friday nights are supposed to be

Tonight I took the Salem Ferry home from work with a co-worker. It leaves from the dock right next the aquarium. While we waited, we took a gander at these beauties, which is one of my favorite things to do when I'm around that neck of the woods. I really want two or three of these for myself. Of course their faces and plump bellies reminded me instantly of Patches.

Lo and behold, when we got to Salem, I gave my co-worker a tour of our place, and she noted how much Patches looks like a seal.

Now that's what I call a win-win.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Love the seals! When we were first dating, the hubby took me on a surprise behind the scenes "trainer for a day" visit to the aquarium. I told him that we could bring home a sea otter to live in our bathtub. He disagreed.

Bostonworkerbee said...

What a creative date! He's a keeper!

FemiKnitMafia said...

Aww, so cute! I have a very soft spot for seals, mostly due to the movie The Secret of Roan Inish. Have you seen it?

Bostonworkerbee said...

yes! I love the secret of roan inish!

Betty Crocker said...

I'm very homesick for Boston right now! Aquarium, seals, ferry rides,Friday nights in the summer...

Your new place looks great -- love that beehive oven!