Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What's the buzz ?

I'm baaaaacccckkkk!

Man I'm tired! italy was terrific. I woudln't describe it as a relaxing vacation. Daily hikes of 12+ kilometres (uphill) is tiring. We saw so many beautiful things and ate so much great food. I'm hoping to post some photos online this weekend, so stay tuned.

I got some serious knitting done too. I'm almost half way done with the back section of my latest Rowan sweater project (kid silk haze!) that I started right before I left.

DH and I came to some realizations on this trip... mainly that we are getting too old and too soft to stay in really dive-y accommodations (like our hotel in Rome). We need things like a soft comfy bed, a hot shower, and clean clothes. We were away long enough to really appreciate the luxuries we have at home. Such as a soft bed, a hot shower, and laundry machine. Oh, and Patches!

Speaking of... How did she take us being gone? Pretty well. Gramma and Grampa (Mamabee and BabboBee) came over to hang out with her. Additionally there was the pet sitter, and another friend who stopped by to socialize. I think she didn't even notice we were gone! There's a saying that dogs have owners, and cats have staff. This is particularly true of Patches. Gramma reported that there was at least one toiletpaper attack, but sorry, no photo.

I'm trying to adjust back into work. Lots of work piled up. Stay tuned for vacation photos.

3 comments:

TheRev said...

Arrivederci, Roma! Glad you had a great time. Maybe all that walking canceled out all that pasta, and yes, there's no shame in wanting a comfy bed at the end of the day.

While you were gone I learned how to knit, purl (which I always thought was pearl. Who knew?), cast on and bind off, and I just figured out how to do ribbing last night! Tonight is class #3 and I'm in the process of making a really ugly scarf. I have a convention next week and I'm so glad I can join all the other knitters in the room who are knitting away during the boring presentations. Huzzah!

Bostonworkerbee said...

that's awesome! I'm so proud of you! It's really hard and frustating at first, but then it gets so much better. I think you'll find it is very zen!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Welcome back to the good life!

(altho the food probably isn't half as good, there's nothing like your own bed, a hot bath/shower, and a protector from those sneaky lurking T-paper rolls)