Saturday, February 14, 2009

Of things Green, and Spring

Happy Valentine's Day, to one and all. This morning I awoke at dawn to discover my winter blooming jasimine has finally done just that!

What a wonderful smell. The flower buds take a long time to develop and open. They become so long and white they look as though they might fall off, and then one day, they open! DH took a sniff, and said it smells like Florida.



My banana and blood orange trees continue to prosper....


As does "project green" a birthday gift for a fashion-forward friend:


1 comment:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Welcome back! I tried to answer your comment to me but it was on the old email you use to have that got stolen from you. The hotmail account.

I've been knitting but I'm sure tired a lot. Bill's doing well except for eating. He has trouble swallowing properly and I've lost 5 lbs. Unfortunately he's lost more than me and he can't afford too. It's the problem I'm now trying to solve. But I'm happy to be home taking care of him.

Later gator.