Saturday, November 18, 2006

New York... Part Three

... What the.... HUH?? I bet you're wondering why I'm doing Part Three when I haven't done Part Two. I just posted Part Two

I'm having a little trouble uploading all my NY photos as a group, hence a separate Part Three.





I was really surprised at how much there was to see, botanically speaking, given that it is November. So many of the trees seemed to be peaking in color or still in leaf. The Japanese Garden in the Brooklyn Botanical Garden was aflame. I can't be sure that the fall isn't the best time to see it after all.

Back in the city, I took my DH up to the top of the Empire State Building. He'd never been!!



We also shared some matzo ball soup at a deli across from the Carnegie Deli. Before you fly off the handle, YES, we ate at the Carnegie like good-doobies, but we didn't feel like waiting in line a second time so walked across the street to this place. Yikes - that is a BIG matzo ball! We ate the whole thing. I could have polished it off myself, but I try to be nice and share.



We also spent a lovely morning walking around the grounds of the Cloisters.







So it ends. Busy weekend ahead.I'd like to continue working on my sweater. That's what I'd rather be doing. Ta!

3 comments:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

My goodness you took some beautiful pictures! What a lovely time you must of had. Well, I'm happy to see you also got outside a bit and not just fabric bin diving, hehe.

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

My goodness you took some beautiful pictures! What a lovely time you must of had. Well, I'm happy to see you also got outside a bit and not just fabric bin diving, hehe.

Bostonworkerbee said...

thanks Rhonda!