Friday, November 03, 2006

A few things before vacation

Pre-vacation blog-a-thon! Today I've added two new features to Boston Worker Bee: a site-meter, which I clued into looking at Femiknit Mafia's blog, and a listing of the knitting books I own. Now I will be able to count all the five people who read my blog! Sadly the booklist is pretty short thus far! I think I have some more in the basement, but I'm too lazy to get them just now. I definitely have a sock book down there some of the SnB might be interested in.


First things first, meet "my preciousssssss", our new dishwasher:



I won't say anything else about this new addition to our home, because quite frankly, I just get too emotional.

Here's the status of my sweater. Back is completed, and the front is progressing. The large hole is where the 3" wide ribbon will thread through, and tie in a bow:





Looking over the 1988 article (Threads Magazine?) on NYC's fabric district my mom gave me, I read about a place called Tender Buttons. I think I kind of HAVE to go see it now. With a name like that, how could you not? I'm not sure I'm going to be able to handle New York. They have whole stores just devoted to ribbons, for chrissakes.

Keep it real knitting people. I'll be back after Veteran's Day with a full report. I'll be knitting in spirit on Thursday at 12:00.

2 comments:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Have lots of fun!!!

FemiKnitMafia said...

Don't be surprised if those SiteMeter numbers rise faster than you'd expected. Have a great vacation, and be prepared to offer a full report on this NYC shops. Hooray!