Monday, January 29, 2007

The Rebel

I want one of these, desparately.



It's the Canon digital SLR (single lens reflex) "Rebel XTI". I know, I know. I just bought a Canon PowerShot in October. However, as lovely as this is, I can't really manipulate the lens. Therefore, I can't get a full range of focusing options that yield more artistic results in my photos. The Rebel costs anywhere from $750-$1,000. Yikes. If I saved $83/mo, I could buy one this time next year!

Why do I want one so bad? DH and I are planning a vacation in October (destination TBD). One possible destination is Asia, which would provide many exciting photographic opportunities, and I would want to make the most of it.

I'm in kind of rut due to the frigid weather. I just want to sit at home in my pj's and eat stuff that is really bad for me, and take naps, ALL DAY. Also, I have a sort of Jimmy Carter White House-esque self-imposed ban on using a lot hot water and energy (trying to conserve heating oil!), so long hot bubble baths are not on the agenda. That depresses me. Deeply. On Saturday morning, I lay on the couch with the Striped One, watching installment one of Masterpiece Theatre's Jane Eyre. I couldn't even summon up the energy to lift knitting needles.

Speaking of knitting... I want to say hello to a friend who is a new reader. She's known around here as "The Rev". She's part of the "Amoeba" and wanted me to call her "Her Eminence", but I think not. My blog. I decide. I'm the decider. She's starting to get back into knitting, and I'd like to offer her my encouragement. Go for it TR!!

4 comments:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Wow, that camera IS nice! And what a coincidence that you would show the same one I saw this weekend and thought "oh wow, would I love that camera" ... well the price is too much, but I'll dream about it. Just think of the beautiful pictures I could get of my knitting!

TheRev said...

Glad to be here, Bee Girl! But to digress from knitting, what's the story with that "kittenwar" link with Patches' picture? I hope those cats don't know what we're up to, especially the loser cats who are voted as ugly over and over again. Not that I don't agree- those are some weirdo cats, but I hope their little egos aren't bruised too badly. In fact, it looks like those hairless ones could use a little knitted sweater. Perhaps an outreach project to weirdo cats is in order?

Bostonworkerbee said...

I leave you to do the Lord's work here, Rev. All creatures great and small, and what-not...

Paul said...

DH here with another idea for getting your camera: try Craig's List or eBay for bargains! If not, who knows what Santa will bring this year?