Sunday, January 21, 2007

Webs

This Saturday, Boston Worker Bee, and Mama [Worker] Bee (my mom) drove out to Northampton, MA to check out Webs. Talk about being over stimulated. There. Was. So. Much. Yarn.

Taking of advantage of the price breaks, I decided to stock up on Rowan Kid Silk Haze, to use for my next two projects. The lighter pink is actually Kid silk Night, which has a metallic silver glint to it. Mama Bee picked up a skein of this really stunning silk yarn, which unfortunately I do not have a name or picture for.



Saturday night and Sunday I was in Worcester at a mini-reunion of sorts with old friends otherwise known as "the amoeba". You ladies rock! I laughed so hard it hurt. Then I did it all over again. HA!

Sunday evening conversation with Dear Husband (DH):

ME: Would you like to see the yarn I got?

DH: [Gesturing to television, gritting teeth] There's ten minutes left in the game that will decide who goes to the superbowl. [painful whisper] And, it's TIIIIED.

Me: Oh! OK. hee hee hee!

God bless him, at the next commercial break, he was oohing and ahhing over my new yarn (without being coerced). No one can resist the softness of kidsilk haze. Not even a Patriots fan.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Hee, hee! My husband has arrived at the point when he can use phrases like "get gauge" in a conversation -- and use them accurately!! He's clearly been subjected to too much yarn talk by me and his mom.

Unknown said...

My DH didn't pay too much attention until he found out how much Rowan Kid Silk Haze cost ... he couldn't believe it until he touched for himself, haha. But he still shakes his head at the $$